So I’ve been tagged! I’m going to go ahead and post or I’ll obsess about what I say forever. Thank goodness it’s 7 random things. I obviously didn’t read the rules very well. I was obsessing thinking I didn’t know if I could list 7 things people don’t know about me. I’m pretty open. If you don’t know something is because I don’t want you to. That’s why I never want Ray to get into politics. I would die if people were digging in my past. In fact I live in constant worry of pictures people might post on Facebook.
Shanan tagged me. Her blog is called The Fowler Family. Shanan was one of my pledge sisters. I am so happy to have found her on Facebook and now I can keep up with her on her blog. She is quite possibly one of the sweetest people you would ever meet. She has 2 beautiful little girls and I love her blog so check it out.
Okay so 7 random things. Here goes.
1. I’m a blurker. I could read other people’s blogs all day long. I am a people watcher and blurking allows me to do that from the comfort of my living room. It doesn’t matter if I know you or not. The bookmarks on my computer are full of blogs and most of them are people who have no idea who I am. I read one because the writer is also a professional photographer. I love her pictures. Another reminds me of my family. I could go on and on. I also have a list of friends in my head who should really start blogs. (Kristin, you know you are one of them.) With life in the navy, it’s an easy way to keep track of all of our friends no matter where we are in the world. I’ll stop now.
2. I love being a mom to my girls. I love having my girls with me all the time. Ray and I rarely go anywhere without them. Being in hospitals and one marriage retreat is about the only time they’ve been left overnight. I am truly blessed to have wonderful, mostly compliant daughters. I gladly sacrifice being able to see the movie that I want to go see HSM3 because I know there will be a day that they won’t want to go with me. I also worry about how I’m doing as their mom. Am I passing on my horrible habits and bad personality traits? How do I treat them as individuals and still make sure it’s all fair? How do I encourage their personal and spiritual growth in the right direction? If I think about it long enough, it will drive me crazy. In some ways as crazy it makes me, I still want a house full of crazy.
3. It may not be that random, if you read this blog you probably totally know this. I used to worry about what I wrote. I didn’t want my words to be misinterpreted. After dealing with what we’ve dealt with the last 3 weeks, I don’t really care what anyone else thinks. This blog has been a great therapy tool for me. It’s not just when I’m actually sitting at the computer writing. I work the writings out through my head at odd times. Should I mention this? I could talk about that. It has helped me alot with my grief.
4. I am running again. I’ve totally let myself go since college. I’ve gone for runs off and on since then. While I was in the hospital running kept popping up in my head. I was feeling like I needed to train for a race. I can’t put into words why. It’s not that I wanted to run away from anything, more like I needed to run to something. Every morning a little before six Arleigh comes in my room and tells me it’s time to get on the treadmill. I roll out of bed very slowly. I’m so out of shape I only actually run a little over 2 miles. I manage to get 4.5 miles in before I’m done with a combination of walking and running. I have a goal to run in a race soon. Ray keeps suggesting an 8K that happens in March. I have no idea if I’ll be up for that race or not. I see at least a 5K in my future.
5. We lived in Iceland for about 3 1/2 years. I met some of my best friends there. We still talk with some Icelandic friends occasionally. I stay in touch with some friends from the base on an almost daily basis, you know who you are…Okkar Lif is Icelandic. It means our life. The base there has closed so there is no chance for going back to live. I would not want to move back unless everyone that lived there when we did were there with us. I do want to take the girls back there on vacation. Arleigh and Hanan were both born there and there’s no way they remember it. Oh, and we won’t be staying in hostels!
6. I feel like I’m pretty boring, or pretty depressing. Maybe it’s because I’m still dealing with our loss. I’ve written and rewritten number 6 about 6 times. So how’s this, I’m about to disappoint alot of people. I have a tattoo. A tattoo that I don’t regret. What I regret is that I’ve let myself get so fat, it looks ridiculous. You’ll never see it so I guess I don’t have to worry about it.
7. My 7th random fact is that I don’t have enough friends who blog. I don’t know how I’m going to tag 7 people who will actually write. Shanan, I should tag you back. Oh well here goes.
Good luck guys