So I keep getting the Christmas Questions emailed to me. I’m the Scrooge who doesn’t return the email so I thought I would use it as a blog post. Here we go…
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? Honestly I prefer the real but living in Iceland, unless you wanted only a Charlie Brown tree, you had to have artificial. Since we made the investment, I keep putting those boogers up every year.
3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving weekend. I must admit this year it’s still a work in progress.
4. When do you take the tree down? Immediately upon coming home from Kentucky.
5. Do you like eggnog? My answer is a question. How much bourbon are you putting in it? I only drink it spiked. (Don’t tell Mom.)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Wow, that’s tough. Either the Donnie and Marie dolls or the stereo with a remote. I’m such a dork.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Ray without a doubt. Ned comes in a close second.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Hanan. She wants everything she sees.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Not a good one. Maybe I should put that on my list but I’m picky.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail but no letters. If you want to know, read this blog.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I appreciate every gift, even the toy Porsche Ray got me when we dating and I wanted to replace the Pony.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start thinking around Halloween. Black Friday is my big day.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not Christmas but birthday, you betcha.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Because I can’t get it hear, a BBQ sandwich and SunDrop.
16. Lights on the tree? They are plain. Mini, white, no blinking.
17. Favorite Christmas songs: Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer (I know but I’m honest.)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We travel to home. It’s a military thing.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? No but I could rename them with some pretty funny names.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Yes! Christmas Eve with the Wheelers, Christmas early morning with the kiddos. Christmas brunch with the Kendalls, Christmas day with the Stiffs. We’re some present loving fools.