So I thought our Travel Approval would have to wait until this week. Then a message board lit up. People were getting their Travel Approvals. I was so excited. People who got in line after us started it. The friend who thought they were on hold indefinitely got hers. Ours had to be coming, right? I called the agency to let him know we would be out of town. He thought I was nuts.
This morning I sent him an email. One online friend had her article 5 picked up today. She got her TA on Friday. Another friend has her article 5 picked up today. Her agency said expect TA as early as next week. So I asked where’s ours. I got an email that seemed to indicate we would still leave Labor Day weekend. I’m okay with that. Then, a phone call… he’s not so sure. In fact, it might indeed still be Nov.
There are people in China that I talked to at the beginning of the summer. They were sure we would travel before they did. This hurts a lot. I know our travel coordinator doesn’t want us to get our hopes up. I don’t think he has any idea what he does when he says it will be November.
The other thing he told us is, we better be prepared for seriously last minute tickets and ready to leave on a moment’s notice…like four days notice. Ready Grandma?
I’m off to have a pity party and pray for a phone call.