Three more sleeps and we’ll be on our way to China. I’ve been thinking a lot about the evolution of this blog since I found out I was pregnant with Bria. Maybe at some point, I’ll write about it. Right now, there are about 1,000 things that need to be done so I can get on that plane… maybe first ever blog post from the plane, more likely an airport.
Here are a few things that are going on around here…
- The packing looks to be about 2/3 complete.
- I’m worried about leaving the girls for this long, not their safety just that it is killing me.
- Jack is going to be Ray’s mini me… he picked out Jack’s clothes and now I get to tease him about having his own doll to dress in all things Titans (never mind that I bought most of the clothes)
- I’m so thankful my mom is going to be there for the girls but did I mention that I don’t want to leave them?
- My emotions are a roller coaster. Our church service yesterday was pretty benign but I almost teared up 253 times… Ray may need prayers because he has to travel with me.
- Rolling up little boy underwear and packing cars is a whole new experience.
- Our home study update is scheduled for 10/10. That’s always a difficult day for me. I guess I’ll have something to keep my mind focused.
- Did I mention leaving the girls makes me want to throw up?
- Are we really only taking one suitcase and one backpack each?
- Ray is giving me a hard time about packing an ergo backpack to tote a three-year old. Been there done that people feel free to weigh in on the subject.
- I can’t believe I’m leaving my girls for almost 17 days.
- I made a chain with Ray’s help for each girl with a note for each day. Waterworks again.
- Bria told me a few days ago, “I can’t wait to hug Jack. I know it will freak him out!”
- I’m so grateful for all the prayers and notes from sweet friends, all the offers to help and hand me downs. We are truly blessed to have just moved here a year and half ago and have so many people step up to help us on this journey.
- In a week I’ll have a son! What in the world am I going to do with a son?
- Bria also informed me that Jack needs a boy doll. Ray told her he needs a glove, a ball and a tractor. We have all three things waiting in his room.
- I’m leaving the girls for 17 days…