I’m finding that counting my many, many blessings right now is very important. I thought that I would just jot down a few things that make me smile.
- texts from Arleigh late at night when she should probably be sleeping
- Bria’s impish grin
- Arleigh’s buddy from school has an Instagram account (I stalk all my kids’ friends) her account name is asian_wita_camera. Makes me smile every time I see it.
- Driving Ray’s jeep, even though I don’t very often.
- Big Bang Theory.
- Jack’s new words.
- The many rainbow reminders we see every day.
- Boonie chickens greeting me when I get out of my car at the school.
- Hugs from the kids and kisses before bed.
- Ray teasing about well…everything.
- All the texts from friends that I haven’t talked with in a while.
- The promise that this rain will stop and I’ll be back on the beach as soon as I get the chance.
So many things that make me smile. We have every reason to be sad right now, but I’m choosing to hold on to the good.