Love seeing that smile!
Today is Arleigh’s Birthday. I’m in denial that my sweet, beautiful girl is now 14. It seems like yesterday that she was born a little early with lots of excitement. I hate that my kids have to grow up. I love who they are becoming.
Fourteen Things I Love About Arleigh
1. She is passionate. Granted I would sometimes like to direct some of that passion away from things like One Direction toward some other goals but it is a fabulous quality to hold on to. And we are pretty passionate about her. She was soooo tiny!
2. Arleigh’s love for music. Yes, this is where some of her passion lies. She plays piano and alto saxophone. She’s been selected for honor band. She picks at a guitar every now and then. When she decides she likes a band, she LOVES the band…or the song…or the artist… We get the benefit of hearing her play.
3. Arleigh’s love of books. She’s introduced me to some pretty great stories. That passion shines through here too.
4. She takes care of her siblings. She’s their other mama. It may not always be ideal, but I can count on her and that makes me proud.
5. She still thinks I’m cool…sometimes.
5. Things don’t always come easy but she works to get it.
6. She helps me almost every night without me having to ask. She’ll clean the kitchen, empty the dishwasher, wipe a counter. I love this girl!
7. Her love of soccer…and even British boys.
8. I miss the little girl who wanted to talk on the phone ALL THE TIME. Now I have a teen that texts on her phone ALL THE TIME. I appreciate how easily she navigates technology. I love that it’s another way she helps her crazy Mama.
9. I love that she finds her own style. She always has. It’s not always what I would pick but she is comfortable in her own skin.
10. I love that she loves Hawaii. She is ready to move back to the mainland but she’s embracing her last few months on our little island.
11. I love Arleigh’s friends. I love that they hang out at the house or sneak into a command Christmas party. They are great kids.
12. I love that Arleigh literally has friends all over the world. I didn’t have that. She talks to people in many different time zones and cares deeply for all of them.
13. Arleigh is filled with compassion for others and demonstrates it daily.
14. I get to be your Mama! What a huge blessing it is to watch you grow up into the beautiful woman you’re becoming. I mess up a lot and you bounce back from all of it. I love you Arleigh Grace! Happy Birthday!!!